Random thoughts to ponder
In fact, any famous old one-liner could be nothing more than a cliché in modern vernacular. It takes two to tango. His bark's worse than his bite. Where there's smoke, there's fire. OK, you get it.
What about some of these? I encourage you to ponder... don't read quickly, but read one, and stop, pause, reflect, consider. Don't be in a hurry to repost or copy and paste or to dismiss either. And if you think you have seen one of these before, and maybe you are right, then know that I've taken these on board. I apologise for apparent forgery; there is nothing new under the sun. (There's another one, eh?)
1) When you see a beautiful scene, stop and enjoy it.
(Don't grab your camera. Don't memorialise it, not yet. Be in the moment.)
2) If it's not mine, leave it alone.
(The $20 note on the dresser of a shared house or my neighbour's desk at the office. The woman married to the man next door. The applause of praise given to another)
3) Yesterday is gone; tomorrow never arrives; live in today.
..wait, did you pause and reflect on that one yet?...
4) God doesn't need me to defend Him.
5) You cannot humiliate a humble person.
6) My sin was great; God's love is greater.
Share your own favourites in comment below or wherever you want. But more importantly, live what you believe.