The answers to yesterday's Quiz. Here's the original QUIZ I might do this again and again, but this may be a one-off experiment. See how you go.
Bible trivia quiz:
Bible trivia quiz:
1) Who is Hammedatha the Agagite? Father of Haman
2) How many children did Jacob the patriarch have? 13 (12 sons and Dinah)
3) What is the other name for the Hebrew month Nisan? (Aviv/ Abib)
4) The term “Rosh Hashanah” is used how many times in the Bible? (0)
5) What three Hebrew letters are the root of the word “atonement” (IN Hebrew) (Kaf, Pey, Reish).. 2 points if you wrote K,P,R
6) What is the name of the town witch in the story of Philip and the town of Samaria in Acts 8? (Simeon/Simon)
7) Four women approached Moses one day about land rights. What was the name of their father? (Zelophehad)
8) How many goats were killed on the Day of Atonement in Leviticus 16 (the first one described in the Bible)? (1, the other was let go into the wilderness)
9) How many provinces were in Ahaseurus’s realm? (127)
10) Name the two conspirators in the Purim story: Bigthan and Teresh
11) Who was Ruth’s sister-in-law? Orpah. That was the name Oprah Winfrey’s mother was trying to give Oprah. She misspelled it.
12) Goliath came out to taunt Israel for how many days before David stood up against him? 40
13) What do old men do in the prophecy of Joel about the last days? Dream dreams.
14) How many days did God work in the creation story? 6. He rested on the 7th.
15) Who was the most famous biblical character from Gath? Goliath
16) To which animal would Judah be compared in the prophecy of Jacob? Lion
17) In Mark 6, Jesus fed 5,000. How many baskets of leftovers did the disciples collect? 12
18) Who was Amittai? Father of Jonah the prophet
Could be one or the other:
19) Historically which came first: Assyrian captivity or Babylonian captivity?
20) Ehud was a left-handed judge or was he right-handed?
21) Zaccheus said that he would repay those from whom he stole threefold or fourfold?
22) How long was Noah in the boat he built? 370 or 170 days? (It only rained for 40 days and 40 nights, but the receding of the waters took a very long time, too)
Fill in the missing word:
23) And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little boy will lead them. (Isaiah 11)
24) But you have dishonored the poor man. Is it not the rich who oppress you and personally drag you into court? (James 2.6)
25) to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food; and it was so. (Genesis 1.30)