Honestly I don't know why I made this one. Maybe a rainy Saturday helped. Maybe my reading of the book today in the Bible triggered something. I just don't know. But run this test on yourself or your friends or class. See how you go.
Obviously don't cheat; that makes no sense to cheat on a book which basically said, 'don't cheat.'
Please for your own sake, test yourself and see how many answers you get right out of 25. Count each as 4 points and report (if you want) your score. 85 and up is great; 75 and up is good; below that, you need to read slower and listen more carefully.
No one is better if they get these all correct. The amazing thin about the Bible is that you don't have to know very much about it to know it's all true and that God in His amazing love has given it to us to learn about Himself and about facts and history and life and so much more.
OK, here we go...(should I wish you 'good luck?')
1) Who was Hammedatha the Agagite?
2) How many children did Jacob the Hebrew patriarch have?
3) What is the other name for the Hebrew month Nisan?
4) The term “Rosh Hashanah” is used how many times in the Bible?
5) What three Hebrew letters are the root of the word “atonement” (In Hebrew)
6) What is the name of the town witch in the story of Philip and the town of Samaria in Acts 8?
7) Four women approached Moses one day about land rights. What was the name of their father?
8) How many goats were killed on the Day of Atonement in Leviticus 16 (the first one described in the Bible)?
9) How many provinces were in Ahaseurus’s realm?
10) Name the two conspirators in the Purim story: B__________ and T_________
11) Who was Ruth’s sister-in-law?
12) Goliath came out to taunt Israel for how many days before David stood up against him?
13) What do old men do in the prophecy of Joel about the last days?
14) How many days did God work in the creation story?
15) Who was the most famous biblical character from Gath?
16) To which animal would Judah be compared in the prophecy of Jacob?
17) In Mark 6, Jesus fed 5,000. How many baskets of leftovers did the disciples collect?
18) Who was Amittai?
Could be one or the other:
19) Historically which came first: Assyrian captivity or Babylonian captivity?
20) Ehud was a left-handed judge or was he right-handed?
21) Zaccheus said that he would repay those from whom he stole threefold or fourfold?
22) How long was Noah in the boat he built? 370 or 170 days?
Fill in the missing word:
23) And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, and the will lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little boy will lead them. (Isaiah 11)
24) But you have dishonored the poor man. Is it not the rich who you and personally drag you into court? (James 2.6)
25) to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every plant for food; and it was so. (Genesis 1.30)
I'm posting this to Facebook and Twitter also. Let's see, will I do more of these?